Sunday, May 04, 2008

Six Random Things About Matt

I'm only doing this because Amber said I wouldn't. In fact, I am not technically writing this post at all. I am dictating it to Amber like a lazy cripple. In any case, there are so many random things I could tell you about me. Limiting it to six will be a challenge. But I love talking about myself so here we go.

1. I had my first kiss on a dare in a playground. I have a distinct memory of it being wet and gooshy. After the unpleasant kiss and teasing that followed a young Matty swore he would never kiss another girl as long as he lived.

2. I'm afraid of needles. Many of you already know this but some of you don't. The first step in overcoming your irrational fear is to admit that you have one. However, please don't try to stick needles in me because that's phase two and I'm not there yet.

3. I've grown nine extra teeth. Eight of them I had removed from the front of my mouth but one (my fifth wisdom tooth) still remains because it's in a dangerous position. If the dentist attempts to remove it there is a chance he could damage the nerve in my jaw and render me a drooling monster.

4. The first play I ever wrote was called "Carmen" and it read like an episode of "Saved by the Bell". It was played in the British Columbia Festival for the Arts and is obscurely published in the ABCDE Index (Association of British Columbia Drama Educators). This organization may not exist any more.

5. As a child (along with my sister) twelve pet hamsters met various untimely and gruesome deaths at our hands. A quick sampling of the C.O.D.'s: baked in a metal box, crushed behind a shelf, squeezed to death (aka too much love), and an unfortunate case of fan death (not exactly in the same manner as the Koreans fear but also something to watch out for).

6. My first concert was when I was in my third year of university. I went to see Nickelback. I'm not proud of this.

I'm not going to tag or post the other stuff since Amber already did it. Plus, as mentioned, I'm lazy. You will probably never read another blog from me again. Even if Amber does type the whole damn thing out for me and corrects my spelling AND adds extra hilarious jokes.

3 comments:

Kirsty Bryce said...

Ah, I was pretty sure that the side commentary didn't come from Matt.

Carter said...

Baked in a metal box?!??

Bybee said...

That's interesting that you and Amber both discussed your teeth.

Thanks to our discussion the other day at Pancho's, you gave me an idea for my next Wishlist Wednesday blog entry. I'll credit you in my blog.