Thursday, May 24, 2007

Field Trip to the Zoo Zoo

Last Wednesday we had another fun field trip planned and this time it was to the Zoo Zoo in Incheon (yes, that is actually the zoo's name and I unfortunately wasn't able to get a picture of the sign). Everyone was really excited to go and see the animals and I was interested to see what a Korean zoo was like and how it compares to the ones I've been to in Canada. It was an overcast day and there was a chance of rain and it actually did rain about halfway through our trip so we had to go home early. That was really disappointing but apparently they are considering having us go back again in June so we'll see.

I wasn't able to take a lot of pictures but I did take some and you can find the whole batch here. We saw the bird area and the reptile area before we had to leave and we got to get up close and personal with a baby orangutan! The zoo here seems a lot more hands on than any I've been to back home. I was brave and touched a snake, a crocodile and played a bit with the orangutan. Paige took a video of me with the orangutan but she isn't the greatest movie maker. Plus she's a chicken because at one point the orangutan started approaching her and she totally freaked out. It tried to steal my camera, was freakishly strong and pretty cute.

Lily and Will.
The famous orangutan.










Andy conquers a crocodile.
Back at school Janet and Lily become the teachers and help me review.

No comments: