Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Introducing the new Lion and Lamb classes!

So things are still quite hectic at work and everyone is trying to adjust but I am pleased to say that nothing has come close to how awful and stressful Friday was. Hallelujah! Anyway, I thought that I would introduce and identify the new batch of kiddies that are sure to be continually featured here.

New Lion Class
Between the two classes, this one is definitely going to be the "bad" class (as in behavior, not necessarily in English skills). Obviously I don't know any of the kids very well yet but my impression is that a few will be a bit of a handful (particularly Kate, Jake and Isabel).

Alexa, Isabel, Jake
(Isabel is my director's youngest child and Jake is Elly Teacher's nephew)




(l) Kate- the wildchild of Lion Class who also happens to be Brian's (old Lion Class) friend.
(r)Sara with Cathy in the background.


New Lamb Class
So far I'm a bit partial to Lamb Class- possibly because the two smallest kids (Lily and Andy) are in it and possibly because they are capable of paying attention for longer than 1/1000th of a millisecond. Unfortunately Andy has been sick this week so I don't have a picture of him yet.
This is Will and don't be fooled by this monster face he's making because he is actually the sweetest, most "kiss-y" little boy you'll ever meet.

Here is Grace (I would like to note that while I am greatly amused that I have two students named "Will and Grace" in one class, I am not able to take credit for this humorous coincidence. Both of them were named by Elly and Kelly Teacher and I doubt they have ever seen the TV show.). Grace is also really sweet and the only student that has really been plagued by homesickness. She cries her heart out for about a half hour every morning.

On the left we have Janet and she is really smiley and clever. The other girl is my Lily who's a button. She is so small and adorable! I'm truly smitten.

If you want to see a couple more pictures you can go here. I will be adding more in the future, I'm sure.

An interesting observation that I made was that these kids sure know how to wash their hands. This was one thing we struggled with for the old Lion Class since they were always in such a mad rush. If you weren't watching them they wouldn't wash after going to the bathroom (eww!) and they barely washed before eating. These kids I can't seem to get out of the bathroom though. A couple are a little bit OCD. I'm sure it's just that water and soap are super fun to play with.

It's too bad I don't have a picture of Andy because he's the smallest kid and really cute. He looks a lot like his big brother Kevin though, who Matt used to teach and I now teach (in an elementary class since he graduated). Andy looks just like him only he's half his size.

No comments: