Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Okay, I feel a little guilty...

So I'm going to make another entry today. On Saturday we met up with Rebecca from the book club and watched Body of Lies. I really liked it. Actually, I really like Leonardo DiCaprio in general. People may say that he sucks at accents or he's too political or his movies are too melodramatic but I think that he makes intelligent choices and his recent movies have important subject matter. Of course they are dramatic, it's a movie after all, but the things portrayed are happening in real life and probably the reality of things is far more dramatic than the movie would dare to be.
Anyway, after the movie we parted ways and I noticed that there was a massive line up by the Inkoii store. There were security secret service types guys all over the place and they had corded off a wide berth around the store. I was curious as to who was causing all this ruckus. Could it be Wonder Girls? Or Lee Hyori? Big Bang? Super Junior? SHINee? Nope, just some new singer named Son Dam Bi (손담비) that I've never heard of. I asked Min Jung about her and she didn't know who she was either.

Anyway, I decided I was going to play the stupid foreigner card and try to get a closer look. I started taking a few pictures and stopped in front of the store to try to catch a glance of this up and coming music sensation. I didn't see her (or I don't think I did) but I was amused by the way the security panicked. I could tell they were saying, "OH NO! Who can speak English well enough and is brave enough to try and tell the stupid foreigner that they can't just stand and look. It is a MAJOR security breach!!". In Canada I probably would have been tasered. Finally one security guard came up to me and said that I had to keep moving. I asked what was happening and he looked at me like I was retarded. He said a famous singer (haha) was signing autographs and if I wanted, I could go line up in the giant line. Just to piss him off (since I could read the giant posters) I asked him what the singer's name was. Yeah, I know, I am bad but I put up with lots of crap being a foreigner here and I am usually really well behaved. So that's the story of how I almost saw Son Dam Bi.

No comments: