Sunday, November 02, 2008

I didn't mention this here...

But I think I was inadvertently the English voice of the Seoul Design Olympiad 2008. A Korean friend of mine got a job with them and was asked to do the announcements in Korean and English. This caused a massive panic since her English isn't awesome. So she asked if I would read the announcements and allow her to record me. I wasn't sure if it was so she could use me to practice but I really suspect she just played the recording when they had to do the announcement. I didn't go there and check it out. It would have been too weird. Anyway, if you did happen to go and you have heard me speak, can you confirm or deny that it was my voice during the English announcements? I'm curious.

2 comments:

Ed Provencher said...

The same friend came to me for help right before the start of my classes. I couldn't make sense of anything she wrote in English. Also, she was stressed out about her rapidly approaching deadline which was somehow transported from her mind to my own during the few moments I was with her. I gave up after about 5 minutes and said I'm sorry. I applaud your patience and ability to deal with ambiguity.

ambearo said...

She must have gotten her act together after approaching you because when she came to me she had a bunch of stuff typed up. So it wasn't a big deal at all since I just read off of the paper. She's a sweet girl and I'm trying to work on my karma. Heh. I even got a free dinner out of it.