Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Creative Kids and Korean Cuisine

Yesterday I was teaching one of my A1 (the lowest level) classes a story from the reading book about people that work at night. I've been teaching the same books (to different classes) for over 10 months now so it can get a bit dull at times. Luckily this particular class is incredibly clever and creative. I made them make two lists: one of night jobs and one of day jobs and this is what they came up with. Let me tell you that no other class mentioned fireworks, criminals or aerobics instructors on their lists.

Then during my Moms Class one of my Moms brought out a delicious snack she made! It's Korean style pizza! She made homemade gimchi over the weekend and today she used it to make gimchi jeon (김치 )! I've had this a number of times at different restaurants but I can honestly say hers is the best I've ever eaten. This was full of homemade gimchi, a few other veggies (green onions I think) and of course plenty of 오징어 (squid). She made a lot and I got to take the rest home to share with Matt. Ahssa!

3 comments:

Bybee said...

I wish I knew how to make gimchi jeon. Yum! Wow, that Moms Class has worked out really well.

앤디오빠 said...

I would often argue with students that "student" is a job. They would say "we go to school longer than salary man". But my response was "But, salary man gets money - you don't" ^^

Can you send over some 김치전? I've got some Chinese Cabbage (배추), in which I'm gonna try to make some 김치 when it's all grown.

Carter said...

Oooh, that looks so delicious. I wish there was Korean food around here!!!