Saturday, December 06, 2008

RIP Sweet Bart Dog

We got some sad news today- Matt's dog Bart died. (T T) He was 14 or 15 years old and he had a long and loved life but it's still hard to say good bye. I'm a dog lover and have had a number of great dogs in my lifetime but I have to say that Bart was really special. He was always so cheerful and affectionate. He was a big teddy bear and loved to cuddle and would gladly snuggle with you for hours if you were so inclined. Matt and I always have said that if we get a dog we hope it has a personality like Bart's. Besides being sweet, playful and comforting, he was also adorable. I hope he's in a better place now. He will be sorely missed by everyone who met him and I only wish I could have hugged him one more time. The strangest thing about this is that Matt actually had a dream that Bart died last night and then when he woke up it was true. So sad. We love you, Bart dog!!

4 comments:

Carter said...

Awwwww. I am so sorry for your loss. He looks so cute!!!!

That is so strange about the dream. The same thing happened to me and our old dog Cookie when I was in Japan! I think it means we have a connection with our pets.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry. *hugs*

Unknown said...

That was a beautiful eulogy, Amber. Bart was a very special dog. Lots of personality and lots of love that he shared with everyone.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry Matty! Love you!
Stephie