Sunday, February 18, 2007

This is the 100th entry!

Well some good news- our computer is no longer sick! Yay! Unfortunately the way we solved this was to do a basic system recovery which was a pain in the butt because we had to redownload all of our programs. We didn't lose any of documents, pictures or music though so that's a relief. All the same I'm glad I've also been storing my pictures on photobucket. The one thing that is annoying is that we weren't able to save Microsoft Office but we do have crappy Microsoft Works and if we really needed to do something in Word we could just do it at school so it's not a big disaster. We'll get it back sometime, I'm sure.

So here I am awake much too early on the 2nd day of a three day holiday long weekend (Happy Lunar New Year!). That is because basically all I did yesterday was sleep, put away laundry, fix computer things, go grocery shopping and watch TV. But mostly sleep. We're constantly sick here and right now is no exception (we're going to get our boss to take us to the doctor next week if we don't make a miraculous recovery this weekend) and I was really sleep deprived last week so clearly I needed the rest. We had hoped to do something exciting since we don't get many days off (or long weekends for that matter) but as it turns out, everyone travels during Lunar New Year and it would have been nearly impossible to find a train ticket to explore another city. So instead we're going to go to the DMZ next weekend and just take it easy this weekend. We had toyed with doing to Busan but came to our senses shortly after.

Today I think we're going to go into Seoul, to Itaewon and visit the Rockey Mountain Tavern and watch some hockey!!! Yes folks, it turns out that Itaewon has something really attractive, a place that shows NHL games and according to the schedule they have an Oilers game on today at 6pm! I'm a bit giddy, actually. Oh and Matt also needs to finish his play (which is turning out really awesome and I'm quite proud of him. It's probably all the help I've given him though. Hahaha). So I'm sure we'll keep occupied until we have to return to work on Tuesday.

No comments: