Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Things that are making me happy lately...

I am having an excellent week. This is good news because the previous couple of weeks were pretty stressful and things generally hadn't been going my way. This past weekend I made the executive decision that I needed downtime and therefore we made minimal plans. It was exactly what I needed. That's not to say that we did absolutely nothing...

On Friday, after work, Matt and I decided to explore some more in our neighborhood. I'd heard that the area around Sincheon station was a bit sketchy, so I decided to check that out. Hahah. It wasn't that bad but there were lots of bars and people in the streets. Nothing too scary though. We were actually approached by people not trying to get us to give them money (ie beggars) or trying to take us to church. However, these people wanted us to go to their bar. Everyone is trying to sell us something I guess. We did stop in one place and had a drink, then wandered around a bit more. Spent some time talking to a nice guy that worked at my favorite stationary shop (Artbox- it's a chain here). I got an awesome sticker that I've been eyeing for some time now...

My new sticker and the rose I found on the ground. If you can't read it, the sticker says, "ROCK IS MY LIFE! I am crazy about music. Well, I'm into rock music."



Next we decided to try a new norae bang. Holy hannah! It was GLORIOUS! It was super clean and shiny and the book was excellent! They had my signature karaoke song- Stay by Lisa Loeb! This is the only norae bang I've seen it in (and you know I've been to tons). So not only was the norae bang beautiful with a great song list but we got a ton of extra free time! We paid for an hour but with all the extra bonus time we actually stayed for 2.5 hours! My throat was killing me afterwards but that's just because I am a rock star. Oh, and this was the only honest norae bang in regards to your score (when you finish they give a score out of 100) since it consistently ranked Matt at 50 points and me at 100. Hahah!

This isn't the norae bang we went to (ours was called Melon norae bang). But I thought this was funny. I wonder if
Anderson Cooper or Wolf Blitzer sing here? I hope so.


Look at this insanely HUGE octopus! We saw this while we were wandering around. It looked like it should be on the Discovery Channel. It was just unreal!! A woman that worked at the restaurant that owned it saw us looking at it and started laughing and saying "Big". Yeah, that's an understatement lady! I was afraid it's buddies were going come by, beam us up and probe us.

I think I will continue the rest of my shiny, happy week in another post...

1 comment:

Natalie Erin said...

Ooohhh!!!! You ARE a rock star!!!