Monday, July 14, 2008

Cirque du Soleil

Another reason why Saturday was awesome (besides getting a fan) was that we had tickets to see the Cirque du Soleil show! The production was called Nebbia (which is Italian for fog or mist) and it's showing at the Sejong Center until the end of the month.

I've always wanted to see a Cirque du Soleil production but never thought that I would be able to afford it. For some reason in Korea the tickets are cheaper (maybe since a lot of people here haven't heard of it?) and so we had AWESOME seats and could see everything. Dana prematurely rented some opera glasses and they were totally unnecessary.

I have to say, I really recommend to anyone in Seoul to go out and see this show before it leaves. It was spellbinding! I loved every moment of it and so did Matt, Dana and Curtis. Heck, even if you're not in Seoul you should go watch a Cirque du Soleil performance. It is worth the money and will be unlike anything that you've seen before. I hear they are coming to Calgary for the month of August. I loved watching it in the Sejong Center which is charming and beautiful. We went to see the Complete Works of William Shakespeare here awhile back. Nice place.

The only negative thing is that it was pouring outside but we braved it and were only slightly damp. A small price to pay though. Seriously, I think everyone should go see this show. All of the acrobats, contortionists and other performers were so talented and there was humor incorporated along with haunting visuals. AMAZING!

The rest of our weekend we spent at Dana and Curtis' place playing games and hanging out. I got reacquainted with Guitar Hero and am happy to report that I am more awesome than ever.

Oh and if you want to see the rest of my Nebbia pictures (although there aren't that many and they are basically of us since you're not allowed to photograph the performance) you can look here.

No comments: