Thursday, April 19, 2007

Seriously, I am a small scale celebrity.

Today I was walking home from work and I crossed paths with a student, Juliet, from the school. She loves me and always talks to me whenever she sees me and this is interesting since I have never, ever taught her (not even subbed for her class) and she doesn't react this way when she sees any of the other foreign teachers. Obviously I am just that awesome. So I stopped and chatted with her a bit (she and her mom were on the way to the little corner store) and then went home. About 10 minutes later our doorbell rings and it's Juliet bearing a giant tray filled with bananas. They are the really adorable baby bananas. The gift is for the whole house but I do have to take responsibility for the inspiration for the gift. I didn't have the heart to tell her that I'm allergic to bananas but maybe we can make some banana bread or something so I can eat it. Oh how I love the free stuff.

No comments: