Monday, January 22, 2007

A Massive Video Post

Friday we had another theme day at school and this time the teachers were not required to participate. This was a lucky break since I completely forgot my Hanbok (traditional Korean costume) in Canada. All the children looked amazing and super extra cute and I managed to take a few videos of my Lion boys and their madness. The first one was cut short because Elly came into the classroom and needed something so this is why the second was created. The last one is just Brian since he was singing to himself and being all cute. Unfortunately the sound and video are out of sync despite all my efforts. Oh well.

If videos aren't your cup of tea you can always take a look at the pictures here. I haven't got them all uploaded yet so you may have to check back later to get the full meal deal. This was definitely my favorite theme day to date because the kids were really cute, we got to participate in a bit of culture and it required no effort on my part (hence why I look like I climbed out of the gutter in all the pictures I make an appearance in). We were supposed to teach the kids how to bow traditionally but mostly I took pictures while Paige and Jon instructed. Afterwards the kids had to bow and say "Happy New Year" and us elders awarded them with 500 won (roughly 50 cents, yeah, it's a tough world). Enjoy!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Your Korean kids are sooo great!
Stephie

Kirsty Bryce said...

It saddens me that your tiny Korean children have the same language abilities as my junior high aged Japanese students did.

Clearly you are a brilliant EFL teacher.

ambearo said...

My kids are great! They crack me up all the time. I should do an entry about my new "boyfriend" sometime. KB this just proves how awesome and much better Korea is compared to Japan. Heehee.

Kirsty Bryce said...

Yes. I clearly chose the wrong country.

Ah well, I went because of the prestige. Oh yes, and because of the money.

Now I know what a corporate whore feels like.

Kirsty Bryce said...

Oh, and in case you're wondering: it's not pretty.