Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Can't sleep

Lately I haven't been able to sleep. I actually slept in the spare room on Tuesday night so as not to wake Amber with my tossing and turning. We've never done that before, no not ever in the almost eight years of our relationship, not even when we were in University and all we had was a single mattress.
I took a pain killer hoping to dull the discomfort, but to little avail. Perhaps it's the heat. Perhaps the stress (though stress at work is getting better these days). If any of you lovely folks outside Asia didn't know, the beds here are beyond rock hard. I've been told that Koreans used to heat the floors by placing hot rocks underneath. As a result, Koreans traditionally sleep on the floor. Today, the heating still comes up through the floor and many Koreans still sleep on the floor. Those that don't sleep on evil beds forged from solid titanium and fire from hell. Here are some examples of typical Korean resting places.














Would I lie to you?

1 comment:

Hector said...

So Matt, I take it the snakes was good on your back? All that moving about during the night. You sure must've woken up relaxed... just careful not too get vemon, might cause for some interesting hallucinations... er, I mean dreams!