Saturday, September 01, 2007

Open House- August Edition

Yesterday was our second Open House and I have to admit, they are much less stressful when you know you'll be leaving the country less than a week later. This time our Open Class theme was "Sea Animals" and it was such a breeze and went by so quickly. I may have mentioned that for the performance part of the Open House our boss wanted us all to do some kind of play or something. So my kids did Old MacDonald's Farm and were awesome and extremely cute. I have a video of it but it's too big to put on Youtube (and I don't know how to edit/make things smaller or whatever) and also Matt did the video and he seems to have had a seizure during the filming. So I will spare everyone that one (unless you're around me and the laptop- then I will make you sit through it).

I felt a bit emotional since the word is out that we are leaving so some parents approached me about it and therefore reminded me that in a week I won't get to see my kids. I'm probably going to take a ridiculous amount of pictures and video next week so I can try to freeze everything in time. Anyway, if you want to see all the pictures they are here, otherwise here are some highlights.








I made most of the costumes myself and look at the adorable hearts we put on their bums. Heheh. They sang "One Elephant" and "Skidamarink". I was totally having Sharon, Lois and Bram deja vu!

Look how lovely we are! From left to right: Kathy, Paige, Margot, Elly and Amber.

After the day was finally over we went to McDonald's for some fine dining. Then we had a couple drinks at Hudson before calling it a night.



Oh, and look what Matt got as a going away/thank you gift from one of his kids. Who doesn't need a massive crate of grapes?

No comments: